with these tests:
Transitional Words Test 3
Choose the correct transitional word.
1. There are several ways to buy cell phones. _____________, you can buy them from a phone company or a electronic store.
c) For instance
2. Some cultures believe giving gifts is very important. _____________, these cultures believe gifts should be elaborate.
a) In conclusion
c) For example
3. The reading discussed the history of the railroad in North America. _____________, it elaborated on the expansion of automobile use.
d) In addition
4. Business administration graduates can obtain jobs in many different professions. _____________, people who are unsure of their career paths often choose general business programs.
d) For example
5. Proper identification is necessary. _____________, a driver's license is acceptable.
a) For instance
d) In conclusion
6. The professor discussed the sleeping habits of elephants. _____________, she did not explain the topic in detail.
d) In contrast
7. The speaker showed examples of cell division. _____________, she describes the process of cell growth.
a) In addition
b) In contrast
8. Email use has increased in the past 5 years. _____________, the use of the fax machine has declined.
b) As well
9. Pharmaceutical companies have increased funding for research and development. _____________, Pharma X Company has increased its research and development budget every year for the last 10 years.
d) For example
10. The article showed several examples of energy-saving technology. _____________, few of the examples are suitable for low-income families.
a) In contrast