The simple past is a common verb tense in English. It uses regular and irregular verbs to talk about actions in the past. This simple past test checks your understanding of the structure.
Can you score a perfect 10? Find out below. Good luck!
Simple Past 2
0 of 1 questions completed
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the simple past verb.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Question 1 of 1
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the simple past.
1. I (went)(go) to school yesterday.
2. She (ran)(run) in the park yesterday.
3. We (had)(have) a party last night.
4. They (brought)(bring) their books to school this morning.
5. Last weekend I (bought)(buy) new shoes.
6. Yesterday he (tried)(try) a new type of food.
7. The dog (slept)(sleep) outside last night.
8. The children (did)(do) their homework this weekend.
9. I (took)(take) my son to school yesterday.
10. She (was)(be) tired last night.
- 1. I (went)(go) to school yesterday.
More Simple Past
Simple Past ExercisesAre you ready to check your understanding of the simple past? Try these simple past exercises:
You can also practice with this listening activity that uses a song by The Beatles: