Each verb tense is for a
different time. You
know which time it is by
the time phrases. These
words and phrases help
you pick the right verb
The lesson below shows
you a list of common
time phrases for the
simple verb tenses.
Time phrases are words that show the verb tense we need to
use. Here are the main examples:
...night, week, month, year, class, time
- I watched TV last night.
- Last year I started university.
3 years ago, 8 days ago, 5 hours ago, etc.
- He arrived 3 hours ago.
- She finished the test 30 minutes ago.
in 1992, in March, on Tuesday
- I worked on Tuesday.
- He started in February.
This month, This week, etc.
- This month I am studying French.
Nowadays, This moment, These days, Right now, Presently,
- He is sleeping right now.
- Currently they live in Spain.
month, year, class
- Next week I will buy a car.
- Next year I will begin high school.
In 3 minutes, in 8 days, in 2 years, etc.
- In 2 hours we will leave.
- They will arrive in 2 weeks.
In January, In 2015, etc.
- I will finish university in 2015.
- He will arrive in 30 minutes.
Like this lesson? Share it with the buttons below: