The past continuous test checks your understanding of the structure of the past continuous verb tense. Do you know how to form this tense? You can find out with the test below.
Past Continuous Test
0 of 1 questions completed
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of of the past continuos.
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 1 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
|Table is loading|
|No data available|
Question 1 of 1
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the past continuous.
1. I (was sleeping) (sleep) when you called me.
2. They (were eating) (eat)dinner when you arrived.
3. Rita (was walking) (walk) when it started to rain.
4. Rick and Sue (were taking) (take) their dog for a walk when it started to snow.
5. While you (were cleaning) (clean), I was watching television.
6. The children (were laughing) (laugh) through the movie.
7. It (was raining) (rain) all day yesterday.
8. He (was running) (run) while she was riding her bicycle.
9. They (were jogging) (jog) while I was sleeping.
10. The people (were working) (work) when the fire alarm rang.
- 1. I (was sleeping) (sleep) when you called me.
Would you like to try some more past continuous exercises? Try these tests:
And here is a listening exercise you can use to practice your listening and see the past continuous in action:
If you would like some review, here is the lesson: