The simple future tense in
English is to talk about
events in the future.
We can use it to make plans,
give predictions, or discuss
future actions. It is formed in
2. Going to
Subject + Will + Base Verb
- I will go to the park.
- She will play soccer later.
Always use a base verb after will.
You can use contractions with will:
- He'll work late tonight.
- They'll watch the movie tomorrow.
Subject + BE + Going to + Base Verb
- I am going to cook dinner tonight.
- She is going to study at 7 pm.
- They are going to play a game.
Make sure the verb to be agrees with the subject.
- He is going to dance.
- We are going to drive.